To delete a project from the Google Cloud Console, follow these steps:
- Go to the Google Cloud Console: https://console.cloud.google.com/
- Sign in with your Google account if you haven’t already.
- In the top-right corner of the page, click on the project dropdown menu to select the project you want to delete.
- Once you have chosen the project, click on the navigation menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the page’s top-left corner.
- Scroll to the “IAM & Admin” section and click “Settings”.
- On the “Settings” page, you will find the “Shut Down” tab.
- Click on the “Shut Down” button.
- A dialog box will appear, asking you to confirm the project deletion. You will be asked to enter the Project ID to confirm. Type in the Project ID, and click the “Shut down” button to delete the project.
Please note that deleting a project is permanent and cannot be undone.
All resources, services, and data associated with the project will be permanently deleted, including App Engine apps, Compute Engine instances, Cloud Storage buckets, and more.
Make sure to back up any data you need before deleting a project.
Amit Doshi is a Cloud Engineer who has experienced more than 5 years in AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud. He is an IT professional responsible for designing, implementing, managing, and maintaining cloud computing infrastructure, applications, and services.