ImportError: cannot import name get_num_classes from torchmetrics.utilities.data error occurs because the “get_num_classes is deprecated and unavailable in torchmetrics library.”
Common reasons for the error
- Version Mismatch: The version of torchmetrics you have installed might not have the get_num_classes function.
- Deprecation/Changes: The get_num_classes function might have been deprecated or moved to a different module in recent versions.
- Typo or Misunderstanding: It’s also possible there might be a typo in the function name, or perhaps it doesn’t exist in the first place.
How to fix it?
- Upgrade Torchmetrics to the latest version using this command: pip install torchmetrics –upgrade
- Check the spelling of the function name.
- Make sure that you have installed Torchmetrics correctly. You can do this by running the following command in your terminal:
pip install torchmetrics
If you are still getting the error after trying the above steps, please provide more information about your environment, such as the version of Python and Torchmetrics that you are using.
Ensure that the module you are trying to import is installed correctly. You can check this by running the following command in your terminal:
pip show torchmetrics
Ensure that the module is accessible to your Python interpreter. You can do this by checking the PYTHONPATH environment variable.
If you are using an old version of the torchmetrics library, then ensure that you are using the correct import statement for the get_num_classes function.
from torchmetrics.utilities.data import get_num_classes
I hope these solutions work for you!